Una Voce Scotland held it's second pilgrimage to Cambuskenneth Abbey recently.
Cambuskenneth Abbey was originally founded in 1140 by canons of the Arrouaisian Order and subsequently taken over by the Augustinians. The Abbey became the most powerful in the land partly no doubt in being located so close to Stirling and having Royal patronage. King James III and Queen Margaret of Scotland are buried here. Since the reformation the buildings were systematically pulled down and now, other than foundations peeking through the ground, the only extant building remaining is the bell tower (seen on the left of the print).
The celebrant on this occasion was Fr John Emerson FSSP with Mgr Boyle attending in choir. Mass was a Missa Cantata of Our Lady with the Una Voce Schola performing to its usual high standards.
The congregation start to gather within the Bell Tower. Apart from a couple of small windows the only illumination comes from the door.
Thankfully it was a lovely autumn day so the sun shone brightly enough for Father to read his Altar Missal.
The indomitable Mgr Boyle resplendent in choir dress.
Father John delivering another of his wonderful sermons. An excellent orator in the Thomist tradition.
A group photo
To view more photographs in this set click HERE
Una Voce Scotland's next pilgrimage will be to Torphichen Preceptory on Saturday 14th November 2009 at 11:00am This was the seat of the Order of St John of Jerusalem (Knights of Malta) in Scotland who will also be in attendance.